Magnetic inductive meters
for cooling applications
Magnetic inductive measuring systems
The measuring system “epykon” – consisting of mag.inductive volume sensor, energy computer and 2 temperature sensors – is mainly used for approved cold measurements (water) and glycol/water mixtures for pressure ratings up to PN 40.
Application examples are calibrated energy measurements according to national guideline K7.2 for municipal utilities, energy suppliers and production companies within the framework of the energy management system according to ISO 50003 and emissions trading.
|Media||water, glycol/water mixture|
|Nominal size||DN 15 up to DN 1000|
|Pressure rating||PN 40|
- No maintenance, no wear and tear
- High measurement dynamics with minimum measurement uncertainty at the same time
- M-Bus, Modbus, Profibus dp, Ethernet interface
- for temperatures up to 200°C
- Cold measurement
The electromagnetic measuring system “epykon” EWZ 637 is used to measure and record the flow and cold quantity of electrically conductive liquids.
The EWZ 637 consists of the following components:
– electromagnetic flow meter of the series SpiraMAG® with measuring transducer
– Flow computer ERWZ 700 with extensive functions
– Temperature sensor Pt1000 / Pt100 with immersion sleeve
The field of application for all electromagnetic flowmeters of the series SpiraMAG® is the measurement of conductive liquids (>5µS/cm) such as water / wastewater in continuous flow measurement.
The series covers the nominal size DN15 to DN1000 and is available in the pressure stages DN10/16/40. The maximum temperature is 60°C as standard. Various connections and output signals are available.
|Media||water / wastewater / water-glycol mixture|
|Nominal size||DN 15 up to DN 1000 (on request up to DN 2000)|
|Process connection||flange DIN or ANSI, JIS (others on request)|
|Material||Housing: painted steel / optionally stainless steel
Electrodes: Hastelloy C (2.4610), stainless steel platinum plated,
Titanium, others on request
Lining: soft rubber (standard), hard rubber or PTFE / PFA
|Flow rate||0.03 to 12 m/s|
|Accuracy||±0.25 % of measured value ±0.1 of full scale(for powered instruments)|
|Process temperature|| 0°C to +70°C (compact, rubber lining)
0°C to +90°C (seperate, rubber lining)
-40°C to +100°C (compact, PTFE lining)
-40°C to +170°C (seperate, PTFE lining)
|Process pressure||up to 40 bar (others on request)|
- empty conduit detection
- third earthing electrode optional
- optional for bidirectional cold measurement
- output 4-20 mA / HART® (on request) pulse output
- Modbus (RTU & ASCII)
- battery powered solutions available
- Cold measurement